Monday, January 14, 2008

Toshiba's Wireless Short-Range Projector

From Yahoo:

Our Last Gadget Standing competition will be taking place next Wednesday, and all the finalists duking out it next week have been announced. There will be plenty of wafer-thin and monster LCD and plasma displays at CES, but newer DLP projectors able to produce a comparable image without taking up much space in the living room are quickly becoming a consumer's cheaper alternative.

One of my picks included the Toshiba TDP-EW25U DLP projector, which I've had the pleasure of checking out during my holiday vacation. I say "pleasure," because after spending time with this particular projector, it will be very hard for me to go back to playing Rock Band or watching movies on a regular screen.

One of the features that really impressed me is the "extreme short projection" capability it has to produce a 60-inch image from a mere 2.4 feet away. During my review, I placed the projector about five feet away from the wall, which produced a massive 120-inch image on the wall. Good thing I had plenty of wall space.

Setup was quick and painless, and the image quality was amazing. The TDP-EW25U DLP projector is extremely bright, thanks to its powerful 2,600 ANSI lumens, and the picture is sharp, due to its 1,280 by 800 pixels of resolution and 2,000:1 contrast ratio. The projector has plenty of connections, including a LAN and USB port, two RGB connections, two video inputs for composite and S-Video, and two components (shared with computer inputs).

No comments: