Saturday, July 16, 2011

My Journey To Teaching Alexander Technique

Luke Ford writes:

On May 27, 2008, the day before my 42nd birthday, I bought two books from Amazon.com — one for my refinance blog (Mortgage Ripoffs and Money Savers: An Industry Insider Explains How to Save Thousands on Your Mortgage or Re-Finance by Carolyn Warren) and one for me (Rules of the Game) by Neil Strauss, author of the best-seller The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists.

I’m pretty sure I read Rules first. It was actually two little books, The Stylelife Challenge: Master the Game in 30 Days and The Style Diaries: The Pickup Artist’s Companion.

On page 28 of The Stylelife Challenge, Neil Strauss writes: “Because posture is key not just to your confidence and appearance but also to your health, I’ve prepared an extra-credit video tutorial for you online at www.stylelife.com/challenge. It provides the basics on Alexander Technique, a school of movement that improves not just the way you stand, walk, and sit but also the way you speak and feel about yourself.”



No comments: