Monday, August 16, 2010

Computer Projectors

I've turned this blog over to Karen Triggiani and given her the task of linking to the best stories on computer projectors.

Here's a link:

Dear PropellerHeads: I need a computer display for my conference room. I see some folks are using a big-screen televisions instead of a projector now. What should I do?

Answer: At the PropellerHeads headquarters, we have both a projector display and a large-screen television. That sounds a little boastful, but each is ideal for different applications.

Our training room has a ceiling-mounted wall projector.

This works well because the room is large and we display an 8-foot diagonal image, so a TV wouldn't do. A long video-graphics cable runs through the walls to the podium, where a laptop is used as the display source. For a permanent installation, this is fine.

Wall projectors are getting cheaper and smaller, with increased resolution, brightness and saturation. The displayed image is good, but it's not TV-quality.

1 comment:

collin said...

I used the projectors and the screen from AV Planners for my conferences. They are really of good quality and best in price. Av Planners did a good job. - av san diego